comiXology's mission is "to bring comics to everyone, everywhere" and part of delivering on that mission is having a diverse array of content that "everyone" is interested in. comiXology Submit is our way to fulfill our mission, by having a way for creators and smaller publishers to "submit" their work to our revolutionary digital comics platform.
Whether you have a one-shot mini-comic that you stapled yourself, do a daily webcomic you want to collect and sell, or are just in the beginning stages of starting your own empire publishing we want you to "submit" your work to us.
Note that our mission isn't to bring every comic to everyone which means that we won't automatically accept everything for distribution. We reserve the right to reject any submission. We'll have a team of people looking at the quality of each submission. The high quality of our customer experience is the key to comiXology's success, and something that we do not take lightly. For this reason we will be choosy about what type of content we accept on our digital comics platform.
The criteria and process for our review process is a work-in-progress. It will undoubtedly change over time, so we appreciate your feedback and patience.
You can only submit one comic book or graphic novel at a time. If that work gets rejected you can always resubmit it with revised content or submit another comic with the same account. Once your work is accepted, you will become a registered publisher on the comiXology platform and at that point you will be able to submit multiple books.
You must own the copyright or have the necessary rights for any content you upload.
The great news here is that we are in this together! comiXology only makes money if you make money and it is in our best interest for you to succeed.
comiXology splits the profit from all sales 50/50 after subtracting any standard fees charged by the payment processors. Standard fees currently run between 8% to 30% depending on the channel. For example, for our iOS app, Apple receives 30% of the sale price, leaving 70%. comiXology then splits that with you evenly, meaning you receive 35% of the sale price.
Payment will be made by check, ACH or EFT transfer to your bank account 45 days from the end of each quarter. For payments by check or by direct deposit (EFT transfer) outside of the USA, UK, EuroZone (SEPA) countries, Switzerland or Japan, there is a minimum total accrued payment of $100. If the minimum is not met, the amount owed is rolled over to the next quarter until the minimum is reached. There is no minimum payment for direct deposit in the USA, UK, EuroZone (SEPA) countries, Switzerland or Japan.
Above the minimum, you will also get a quarterly report on your sales.
Please review our age rating guidelines.
You cannot submit a free comic book through comiXology Submit. Because of Apple's price guidelines, all prices must end in ".99", eg. $0.99, $1.99, $2.99 etc.
Before you submit your comic you should prepare the following assets:
Age Rating is an important system that helps us categorize Digital Comics for the appropriate audiences. Our Digital Comics must be age rated correctly for two reasons: to determine which comics can be available to readers of all ages, and more importantly, to ensure that challenging and potentially offensive material is restricted to mature audiences. The standards we use are based on Apple's own policies, and they determine which platforms a Digital Comic can be released on. For instance, comics that are acceptable for all audiences can be purchased through our Comics4Kids App, but comics with extremely adult themes and graphic imagery may have to be restricted to our Web Store.